Don't Give Your Potential Guests a Reason Not To Come
A restaurant’s reputation and it’s online presence has always been important but with the advent of the option to leave reviews on many different social media sites, including Facebook, Yelp, Google My Business, Opentable and others, it’s becoming much more of a factor in a restaurant’s ultimate success.
The statistics are overwhelming in what they reveal about the importance of not only good reviews, but also simply whether there are enough reviews for a consumer to make a decision about whether to visit any particular restaurant.
Here is some eye-opening data compiled from various sources:
- 90% of guests research a restaurant online before dining – more than any other business type.
- Every 1-star increase in a Yelp rating leads to a 5% – 9% increase in revenue.
- 94% of customers read online reviews
- 77% of consumers pay more attention to consumer reviews than to professional critics.
- 33% of frequent restaurant-goers would never eat at a restaurant with an average review score of less than 4 stars (out of 5) on online review websites like Yelp, Google, and Facebook.
- 72% of customers don’t take action until they have read reviews.
- 83% of buyers trust recommendations from online users over advertising.
- 90+% of customers say buying decisions are influenced by online reviews
It’s quite obvious that online reputation is something which cannot be left to chance. The numbers don’t lie, and your restaurant’s success depends on it.
Here are some other facts which reveal the importance, not only of reviews, but of the overall online presence of your restaurant.
- 57% of guests viewed restaurant websites before selecting where to dine.
- 93% of people view online menus before choosing where to dine out.
- 75% of diners will at least view menus on a smartphone before trying a new restaurant.
And here are just a few more interesting facts which might make you go hmmm……
- 52% of all worldwide online traffic was generated through mobile phone.
- 45% of consumers say that offering mobile ordering or loyalty programs would encourage them to use online ordering services more often
- 80% of consumers lose trust in a business if their online information is inaccurate.
[Statistics sources: Forbes, Review Trackers, Upserve, Status Labs, Spiegel Research Center, Bright Local]
Just the facts ma'am.
So here are the key takeaways from all this data:
- If you ignore the importance of reviews and your reputation, you do so at your business’ peril.
- Customers now want more information available online about your restaurant than ever before.
- Using mobile to search, order, and book online is growing year after year.
If you ignore these trends, it’s like you’re swimming upstream endlessly, and the sooner you realize that fact and address it, the better off you’ll be.
Right now reviews and reputation are the most important, but it’s also time to think about your online presence overall. How complete is the information consumers can find online regarding your restaurant, your menu, your specialties, etc.?
Have you given any consideration to having your own fully functional mobile app designed specifically for your restaurant?
Now is the time to be proactive and ensure continued and ongoing growth in your revenue and the ultimate success of your restaurant.
How we can help you...
Take Control of Your Own Reputation
Book, Order, Coupons, Loyalty...anything!